Monday 12 January 2015

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Quite a quiet day today. We had a sleep in and hit the slopes just before 11. The snow started early in the morning and fell on and off throughout the day. Some nice fresh powder to ski on. After three runs we stopped for lunch, by that that time my back was giving me grief and seized up a bit when we stopped. So rather than heading back to the slopes after lunch, we headed to the hot tub - just what I needed, and the boys enjoyed a snow ball fight in the tub. Spent the afternoon on the couch with my book and one of my foot heating pads on my back. Feeling a bit better this evening. Luckily Grant not longer needs to be lifted onto the chairlift, just pushed off, will get Jack doing this tomorrow. Looking forward to some nice powder skiing in the morning. Tim is showing signs of Pa, he likes to ride up the chairlift with other people and where possible engage them in conversation ... sound familiar?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that back of yours does the decent thing by tomorrow Nicky. Glad Tim is sharing himself with other skiers on the mountain and yes I can see how he is following in his Grandfather's footsteps!! Good on you Tim. Sounds as though Jack is being your right hand man,Nicky. I'm glad you have got him. We've got Sean and his partner, Julian coming to stay this weekend on their way back to Aussie. Nadia is coming up to see them over the weekend too. Enjoy the new powder snow tomorrow. Lots of love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that annoying back. My those hot tubs look devine. Hope that sorted your back. Powder snow, very jealous! Lovely photo Granta. Your faces are getting very brown. I told Reece you are home next week and he said, we can go and visit them! Enjoy the skiing tomorrow. Glad Jack can push Grant off the chair. Have fun. Love Jen and Reecey xx